the other Kissinger on public executions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Feb 5 22:01:04 PST 2000

Michael Yates wrote:

> What does this morsel have to do with the overall thrust of the Free
> Mumia movement?( which, of course, a person is free to criticize based
> on some sort of analysis) No doubt if you dug deep enough you'd find
> supporters of Mumia who have said and done all sorts of things. And
> this is sent unsigned to boot.

If the white left, such as it is, was a bit more sensitive to police oppression of the black community, perhaps Mumia's friends and family would have been less dependent on the RCP. I have ancient quarrels with that group, but they worked for Mumia when the rest of the left mostly ignored his case. And however sectarian the RCP may be -- it is not anywheres near as sectarian as any white leftist who would endanger Mumia's defense to make a sectarian point against the the RCP.

Carrol