Breaking Butterflies & Poisoning Wells

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Mon Feb 7 19:15:25 PST 2000

Carrol Cox:

>For every marxist or potential marxist led a stray by all the
>RCPs and their like in the world there are a dozen potential
>academics who have their mind fucked by Lacan. By any
>practical evaluation of political actuality, Lacan is evil, and
>the RCP is a butterfly (albeit an intensely annoying one).

Isn't this broadening the definition of evil a little too much? (you too, ken) I mean, pretty much anything that leads potential activists astray is considered evil? That's quite a bit. In addition to Lacan, we'd have to add Freud, Derrida, etc. What about entertainers? Hanson? Ricky Martin? Backstreet Boys? (well, they're an exception) Brittney Spears? (damn her!) Korn? Nevermind.

Peter Kilander