What Nader fails to understand.

John Halle john.halle at yale.edu
Mon Feb 7 19:27:54 PST 2000

Chip Berlet writes:

> Anti-elitism, anti-government critiques, anti-repression arguments and
> anti-globalization arguments can be found on both the left and right during
> the current historical period. This does not make all of us one big happy
> family.
>
> This is what people like Nader do not understand.

I, for one, need some help here to understand what, precisely, it is that people like Nader fail to understand.

Are you saying that "anti-elitism, anti-government critiques, anti-repression arguments and anti-globalization arguments" should be excluded, on principle or at least on tactical grounds from progressive organizing and mobilization attempts?

Confused,

John