Manufacturing Consent (Chomsky) on TV tonight and tomorrowow

Thu Feb 10 15:40:17 PST 2000

>There was a thread here and/or on PEN-l some months
>ago wherein DeLong questioned NC's numerical faculties
>in respect of an economic issue concerning the Marshall
>Plan.
>
>Note I said "may" not, as I was neutral in that flap.
>
>mbs

Chomsky seemed to think that the Marshall Plan entailed no net transfer of resources from America to Europe. The counterfactual appeared to be a scenario in which European governments seized American property of their nationals and used that to finance dollar imports instead...

Brad DeLong