Zizek = the Third Way (was Re: Zizek on Haider)

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 11 12:47:54 PST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> injection of illiberal philosophy. Nietzsche, Heidegger, Lacan, etc. make
> liberalism look less boring.

Oh, good, now we can simply dispose of concepts (and authors) we don't understand by saying they're part of a mysterious, undefined, but strangely amorphous "liberalism" (which consists of whatever I say it is), instead of actually reading them. And to think I've spent years on my dissertation trying to define the complex beast of late capitalism in all its transnational detail -- ah, wasted youth!

-- Dennis