Zizek = the Third Way (was Re: Zizek on Haider)

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Sun Feb 13 10:56:29 PST 2000

> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> >Zizek is the Third Way for those who can't swallow the Third Way without a
> >sugarcoating of philosophical chitchats and pop cult tidbits.
>
> If Zizek is the Third Way, what Way are you?
> Doug

While it may not be relevant to a thread about a guy who wrote 11 books in ten years, co-wrote 3 others, edited 4, co-edited 2 and has his own _Reader_ only a decade after his first book was released, I recall some cat named Lenin saying that there is no third way because there is no 'third ideology' in capitalist society because there is not nor can there be non-class or above-class ideology. But then, L was a revolutionary (and a fairly successful one at that). Michael Hoover