lbo-talk-digest V1 #2530

John Halle john.halle at yale.edu
Sat Feb 12 12:12:32 PST 2000

> Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:30:53 EST
> From: Apsken at aol.com
> Subject: Re: Zizek = the Third Way (was Re: Zizek on Haider)
>
> > Can we expect a report from Berlet and
> > his pals on Opus Dei, and if not, why not?
>
> It's a pity John Halle can't trifle to study what others have done before
> posting provocations like this. I'd wager that almost everything he knows
> about Opus Dei is a consequence of our exposures. I can't speak for Chip, but
> CovertAction Quarterly and its predecessors, where most of my anti-repression
> research has appeared, has been the principal center for exposing Opus Dei,
> the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, and other orders of their ilk.

One other preliminary item:

Well, at least I'm not "disgusting" as you referred to the previous poster. But in any case, why the assumption that I am engaged in "provocation" rather than trying to get to the bottom of what I feel, possibly wrongly, are double standards, or at least contradictions which we should address? (If you look at some of my previous postings, you might at least find more of a context for what you take to be "provocations.")

In solidarity,

John