Moon Pie (was: Re: Zizek = the Third Way)

frances bolton fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Mon Feb 14 09:02:57 PST 2000

Carl wrote:

>One of the obvious faults with the such-as-it-is left is that its
>perspective on *everything* seems to be limited to "cold hard looks."
>Whatever happened to the warmth and mellowness of the counterculture?

Well, there's always Marshall Berman...

I'd love to see a warm and mellow left, or at least one that I'd be willing to go out for a beer with from time to time. But I'm not sure what counterculture you're referring to. Is it the one with the male leadership that said the place for women in the movement is on their backs with their legs spread (or making mimeographs)?

Frances