more conspiracy

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Mon Feb 14 09:36:11 PST 2000

>For the Australians, btw, the show gives the distinct
>impression that Australia is a deadly scary place to live!

We have nasty creepy crawlies (one nibbled on my tomcat last month - cost me $430 in antivenenes) by the million, but they're bloody cowards, really. It's the courageous resolve of the socially conservative / economically neoliberal government that kills us off most efficiently. Aboriginal Australians have a life expectancy of 50, young blokes (especially outside the cities) are topping themselves at world-record rates, and our overdose rates are doubling every three years. What's a few spiders'n'snakes next to that, eh?

Fume, splutter, spit ... Rob.