more conspiracy

kelley oudies at flash.net
Mon Feb 14 09:03:54 PST 2000

>This looks like the text of a novelty 45 I heard in the early
>70's.

heh. in addition to reading us The Hobbit every afternoon, my fourth grade teacher used to tell us this crap, as well as UFOlogy, astrology, witchcraft so popular in the mid-seventies. sadly, i went on to do a report in the 7th grade on witchcraft!

but my son came home the other day filled with stories about the movies he'd been seeing in class: Deadliest Creatures on Earth, a FOX TV production. For the Australians, btw, the show gives the distinct impression that Australia is a deadly scary place to live! Mr. Trent was doing this on "reading time" though and drawing on unapproved material such as you would find on the shelves of the paperback section in the local Kmart. My son, however, gets a daily dose of shock jock, "reality" TV once a week, built into a curriculum sorely underfunded and so encouraged to accept free films from the likes of FOX TV.

great.

kelley