'round the bend

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 14 12:49:09 PST 2000

John Halle wrote:

>How about the Velvet Underground and the Warhol clique.

Yeah, how about 'em? Completely wonderful stuff, the VU I mean, even if violent & nihilistic. I was just savoring the boxed set, Peel Slowly & See, and all the cool pix of the stars in the accompanying booklet. So much better than all that hippie crap that was floating around 30 years ago. "Been in the country/much too long/trying to be a farmer/I miss the city streets/and the neon lights/train comin' 'round the bend."

Doug