round the bend

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 14 17:35:39 PST 2000

Jeffrey St. Clair wrote:

>C'mon, Jefferson Airplane,

Love 'em.

> Melanie (who I have a secret and inexplicable
>passion for)

Inexplicable indeed. "I got a brand new rollerskate" - gag.

> and the Dead where only a sideshow! How can you discount: Sly
>and the Family Stone? Hendrix?

Love Hendrix. Though he was the last act, playing mainly to an empty field.

> CCR? The Band? Johnny Winter? Paul
>Butterfield? Ten Years After?
>The Who? Richie Havens?

Ten Yrs After, Richie Havens, ick. Canned Heat. Ick. Ditto Joan Baez & Crosby Stills & Nash. I saw the movie recently and couldn't believe how bad so much of it was.

Listening to White Light/White Heat right now. Much much better.

Got my eyeballs on my knees,

Doug