There's no shame in being elite

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 09:26:16 PST 2000

<< Ms. Waage is also

apparently president of something called the Colonial Club) >>

Colonial is not an "elite" Skull & Bones secret society or even a snooty right wing DAR-type outfit It is a eating club, the sort of thing we had at Tigertown before fraternities and sororities were recently allowed again. You can read about them in This Side of Paradise; the 20's depiction was true for the 70s, when I was there, except there were women in the 70s and people dressed better in the 20s. There are snooty eaty clubs--Ivy, noably, by Colonial wasn't one when I was there. I did not belong to an eating club. I considered it beneath and, and I am sure vice versa.

--jks '79