whatever and weber

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 14:34:41 PST 2000

ISpeaking of killfiles, kelley, if you think the passaage quoted below shows that I was making an individious comparison between white workers and white middle class people with respect to racism, I can't help you. I don't find our exchange constructive, and I'm surprised that you do. But I'm ending it here. Good luck to you.

--jks

n a message dated 00-02-17 17:21:03 EST, you write:

<< >I'm Jewish and I don't presume to speak for the Jews. I don't care if you

are

>a secretary in an office or a welder in a plant, you are not authorized to

>speak for the working class. Who nominated you?

please show me where exactly i said that i was? did you fail to read and

synthesize my original post to you where i believe we agreed on this issue?

>As to the comparative point, whether white workers are more racist than

>middle class professionals, I didn't say that and don't believe it--

you most certainlly did say it. you said it in a context where wojtek was

maintining that working people's views are such and so about the crim

justice system. you took issue and said you'd be more likely to find

plausible the claim that working people have racist attitudes, to wit:

"Personally, I doubt your supposition that working people do not

care about due process, but if they don't, they'[rew just as wrong as if they

have racist attitudes--a more plausible claim, from my reading of the

evidence. "

if you were merely talking about white people then such a claim is not

simply pluasible, it is unremarkable.