Solidarity and Detroit Black community.

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Fri Feb 18 14:38:05 PST 2000

<< >CB: Ironically my critique of Solidarity, with its headquarters in Detroit

which has a 75% Black population, has been that its main problem is a lack

of Black members. I don't say this happily, because Solidarity is a good

group.

I read is the evidence that Black community has more common sense than

assorted campus radicals, and can tell a sham when they see one.

Oh, W, and we were getting on so well and doing so civilly! Come on, let's go back to being nice. It's much more pleasant. Fact is, the Black community hasn't a clue whom we are. And within that community, such groups that espouse common sense as the Nation of Islam are strong, although of course not predominant. Which goes to show that the Black community has about as much common sense as anyone else. --jks