Fwd: Lennon funded terrorists and Trotskyists [Free Republic]

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Feb 21 03:50:26 PST 2000

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:13:17 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:
> James Farmelant wrote:
>
> >So what is the big deal concerning these revelations? Anybody
> >who knows anything about John Lennon knows that he was
> >oppenly supportive of Irish republicanism and of leftist politics.
> >Ali Tariq was a friend of his who published a famous interview
> >with Lennon in the early 1970s on political matters. I guess the
> >only revelation here is the British government's reluctance to
> >release classified information concerning Lennon most of which
> >is probably stuff well known to his fans.
>
> Ok, so what's the story with the "you're still fucking peasants as
> far as I can see" conclusion to "Working Class Hero"?

As I recall that line follows these rather Marcusean lines: "Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV And you think you're so clever and classless and free."

Jim F.

________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.