bull market reasoning (corrected)

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Wed Feb 23 08:36:09 PST 2000

Dennis R Redmond wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Enrique Diaz-Alvarez wrote:
>
> > is already overkill. And now, finally, AMD can match Intel in
> > performance and (maybe) production quantity.
>
> The folks at the Reg (http://www.theregister.co.uk/) say AMD's Athlon is a
> superior piece of engineering compared to Intel's Pentium architecture,
> and can easily be tuned to 1 Ghz and higher,

Yep. The question is, can they make lots and lots of them at reasonable yields (AMD weak point)?

By the way, I'd revise your "buy" recommendation of HP. It used to be an honest, innovative company; an engineer's delight. Now they got that new CEO, whose main claim to fame is faking Lucent earnings reports by raiding the pension fund (she was smart enough to leave before the shit hit the fan); the focus in HP seems to be shifting from technological innovation to earnings fakery and spin while insiders dump shares.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique