WFP & HRC

James Baird jlbaird3 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 08:57:44 PST 2000

I've been away from NYC for a few years (thank god...), but something in this whole Hillary Bubble escapes me: why do otherwise rational politicos seem to think she has a chance in hell of winning? Has someone repealed the iron laws of New York State politics? Isn't the equation still upstate=republican, NYC=democrat?

If Hillary gets a single upstate county, it'll be a miracle, and Herr Guliani still has enough juice in the City to dilute any majorities she might rack up there. So why are these people prostrating themselves in front of her?

Jim Baird