Sleeper on Diallo

Rakesh Bhandari bhandari at Princeton.EDU
Sun Feb 27 00:23:05 PST 2000

Just want to correct another mistake:

If this is the most important story--as Bruce
>Shapiro argues on that Salon page--it is quite shocking that it does not
>seem to have been really discussed in NYT coverage or in HRC's or Gore's
>post verdict comments--though Bradley hit this one dead on.

I think there was a long article in the NYT on how the verdict did call into question the rules of police conduct. I forgot about its content (the points weren't much discussed in the headline story I think), read it this morning off the web (the NYT sold out here today early), and it wasn't nearly as good as Shapiro's.

rb