-- so is Diallo

Tue Feb 29 11:30:20 PST 2000

>>> Tom Lehman <uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu> 02/29/00 01:57PM >>>
Charles--What kind of semi-automatic or automatic pistols were used by the police who did the killing. It seems to me that to get 41 rounds off, even with a hair trigger semi-automatic, would have taken some doing. If they were using full auto that's another story. Have you seen a breakdown of the rounds fired by each shooter? Does New York City issue full auto pistols to street crime units? Does Detroit?

CB: Actually, I have a hard time reading about the Diallo case because I get so goddamn angry when I do, so I don't know what kind of guns they had. I think Detroit cops have Glocks, but I don't think they are fully auto. I saw the breakdown of the NYPD shooters once. It was something like two of them fired 16 each and the other two fired 4 or 5 each.

Personally, I think we ought to go back to the days when the ward chairman picked the cops. The hell with all these so-called reforms. Civil service tests, and, all the rest of this touchy-feely do-gooder bullshit. Too many people are getting killed all over the country.

CB: I'd go for block organizations, committees for the defense of the revoluton like in Cuba, a self-acting, armed organization of the population, as somebody called it. Criminals wouldn't have a chance with real grassroots, rank and file , "neighborhood watch" organization.

CB