Hatch Act

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Tue Jan 4 05:22:43 PST 2000

I had a question posed to me last night at a Democratic delegate convention selection meeting. Does the Hatch Act forbid local or state government employees from running as delegates to a national political convention.

My first response was that the Hatch Act only covers federal employees and that I didn't think that it pertained to state or local government employees running in a delegate selection process for a national political convention I was told that at least one worthy source was of the opinion that the Hatch Act forbid such action.

Anyone have an opinion on this or have had this question come up?

Tom Lehman