Mr. Byfield's C- Posts

Wed Jan 5 10:22:02 PST 2000

Charles wrote:

>Pinning you down as if, "ah ha. I have asked you questions you cannot
answer,

I didn't get that from these exchanges. looked to me more like an attempt to turn a monolog into a dialog.

CB: Oh , I see. Maybe. But there was this emphasis on having not answered the questions. Perhaps it was tongue in cheek.

>Interrogation, which is a postmod method

so the inquisition was a postmodern institution?

********

CB: I believe the Inquisition was pre-modern. It may be that the post-modern repeats the pre-modern on another level of the spiral. Sometimes when one tries to transend something, one falls below it instead.

CB