bourgeois highdomes

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jan 5 17:57:40 PST 2000

I seems we have been around and around on this issue of postmodernists versus Marxists. It's good to have debate, but what purpose is served by using words like "Marxoid?" This has utterly negative connotations and does not serve any good purpose except to score some email points against one's email antagonists. And, Doug, after all you are a Monthly Review author too. If you don't agree with Ellen Wood or John Foster, debate them in the magazine. Don't tar the whole enterprise to score a couple of points on the list. What is the point of it?

Michael Yates