article on labor history

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jan 5 18:32:19 PST 2000

There is a good article, reviewing a lot of labor history in a few pages, by David Montgomery in the recent issue of New Labor Forum. The title is "Dignity and Democracy." Montgomery is in my opinion our greatest living labor historian and a very fine person. I am proud to say that he was on my dissertation committee. All of his books are extremely good. Although I can never hope to be a scholar like he is, I have tried to model my political and teaching life on his.

Michael Yates