Bill's career path

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 6 07:36:18 PST 2000

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>Implausibe? It may or may not be true but it s certainly plausible. What
>do you think happens to all those schmucks after their terms in office
>expire? They got recycled in shadowy business firms, think tanks or
>academic institutions. It is their payoff time for the their faithful
>service to their business owners during their tenures.

Sure. Minor Fed staffers end up at Goldman Sachs and Robert Rubin ends up as co-chair of Citigroup. I just have a hard time believing that Clinton won't want to stay on a more public stage, at least for a while - lecturing, writing books, being on TV, etc. It's hard to imagine him having, you know, a job.

Doug