thegreatcrash.com press release

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jan 6 07:46:09 PST 2000

> Don't investors expect that SOME DAY earnings will be returned ...

Clearly not!

> Even if you're buying stocks for pure speculation, there must
> eventually be, at the end of the chain, someone who believes they
> are going to actually get a pat back from the company.

Just who are these benevolent investors?

> But my question is, "Does anyone really think that Yahoo will
> ever make enough return to investors their $400/per share investment
> from way back in 2000?"

I don't think so. I mean: you're not the first to notice this, even among long-term shareholders. So?

> Even if everyone today if buying for pure speculation, and no
> one cares about earnings, there still has to be a groups people
> in the future who will by for earnings.

I don't know where you got this "must" stuff from, like it's some physical law of the universe or something. Oops, those don't exist either!

/jordan