advie re telecommuting

kelley oudies at flash.net
Thu Jan 6 15:31:32 PST 2000

Dearest LBO putzs

snitgrrRl bitch is baaaaack for a couple. i have resubbed to abuse and take advantage of y'all. hmmm, well nothing new but anyway, for the newbies it might prove useful info.

so look, the old wanker of an ex cut off the old child support pymts --he thinks this will force me to get a *real* job. somehowerother he imgaines that this will mean reduced child support pymts for him. ha ha ha. don't ask, i can't possibly explain why i married him save that i was young and naive --'sides he took me out to real dinners instead of the A&W in Orange Crush, the 69 camaro the previous beau and i painted orange. heh. how could i resist a real dinner at a real restaurant when i was used to A&W? in sociology they say that people fall in love due to relative deprivation.

yes??

anyhoo, my point... what was it again? oh yeah, so i've like got to get something on the order of a job that will afford me a living without the child support pymts. no more academic employment and student loans for moi. [hey btw, you know how long it takes to get an interview with child support enforcement? three lousy months. no shit! so much for welfare reform. don't worry i'll write an article about this joke of a system soon.] so i'm making some headway and will have an interview to do work as an assistant editing, writing newsletters, promos, lectures for the lecture circuit -- yadda yadda. hummers are extra, of course. well, if i like him who knows...? if i like him i'll definitely bake him an apple pie.

it's a kewl job insofar as it's work at home --no commuting on deadly highways on the gulf coast in this police state at the assend of the world.

HOWEVER, how does this work? should i go in there and demand office supplies, software, a charge acct at office max, my ISP paid for, what? hella bella i don't even know what to ask or to anticipate which is why i'm here--to elicit advice from those of you who i know must do or know of people who do this work. offlist me, on list me, etc.

oh and anyone out there want to critique my probably rillly rilly awful attempt at converting academic exp to a resume geared to the "real" world? this fellah thought it was "a spicy meatball" ???? anyway, i can take the harshest criticism; in fact i beg you to give it to me. [that was for you daniel. heh.]

smoochy smooch

kelley

p u l p c u l t u r e a list for the discussion of media, culture, politics get the pulp at http://www.flash.net/~oudies/pulp_culture.htm subscribe: majordomo at infothecary.org msg: subscribe pulp-culture