Revolution Number 9/ "Noise" Bands

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 8 09:22:11 PST 2000

Thank you, Peter. Heard some Atari Teenage Riot over the sound system at Virgin couple yrs. ago. Your recommendation rejiggers my list of to get CD's, since they we're up in my top 100 say of the next ones. Same for the "Oar" tribute album, esp. since Jay Farrar, from Uncle Tupelo and Wilco (or is it the other spin-off from Uncle Tupelo?) is on it, as he is on the Graham Parsons tribute album also on my list.

On "noise" bands- Doug, a while ago mentioned, Laibach. Doug, do you have that limited edition Laibach, album on vinyl, from early 90's, that mimicked the packaging of Deutsche Grammophone albums? Other, noise bands, I like, Sonic Youth, natch ( though when I saw them once at the Cow Palace open for Neil Young, Neil really made a bigger racket, keep on rockin' Neil!), Einsturzende Neubaten esp. the Halber-Mensch album, Zoviet France, Muslimgauze, Savage Republic, Big Black,(producer Steve Albini's way nihilistic, P.I. band, makes Nine Inch Nails sound like the Capenters), Live Skull, Throbbing Gristle.

Lastly, since Peter mentions the Japanese Atari teenage rioters, has he heard "stalin" another, Japanese noise band? Heard they purge their audiences.

Michael Pugliese