Why Objective Business Journalism is Impossible (except for Doug of course)

Nathan Newman nathan.newman at yale.edu
Mon Jan 10 15:55:04 PST 2000

>From SLATE magazine today, a rather fun honest conflict of interest disclosure
that says a lot about why all business journalism probably needs a strong does of skepticism: -- NN ------- More on the AOL-Time Warner Deal By: James Surowiecki

Some further notes on this AOL-Time Warner blockbuster (multiple conflict-of-interest note: I write for Fortune, which is owned by Time Warner; I actually owned shares of AOL until around lunchtime, when I sold them; and I'm writing this column for Microsoft, which is probably affected by this deal in some way):