What *object* or *entity* does psychology study?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 11 10:36:25 PST 2000

Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: So, maybe the Augustinian doctrine of original sin is true.
>Humanity is just permanently and inherently doomed to live in
>dystopia.

There are degrees of sub-utopianism, and god and original sin have nothing to do with it. Human life is very complicated, and we have a long history of brutality and conflict that won't go away anytime soon.

Tell me, how do we get from the actually existing world in 2000 to a world in which HistMat is no longer necessary?

Doug