Valid Conspiracy Theory

DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com
Thu Jan 13 08:18:05 PST 2000

>I was reading an article in the bourgeois media yesterday and it made some
mocking reference to a "conspiracy >theory" as an explanation for some media event. With that it is fully dawning on me that the bourgeois
>propagandists have succeeded in selling some of the U.S. left, such as it
is and reflected on this list, on the >idea that there are too many conspiracy theories circulating around as explanations of various public events >and incidents. This came up recently here with all the ostrichlike responses to the idea that John F. Kennedy >was assassinated according to a conspiracy by the rightwing in the federal government, probably J. Edgar
>Hoover, etc. Below is another brief, valid analysis of an actual and
important political conspiracy and >assassination right under the noses of the naive "left".

>CB

Petchy, our hippy insurance expert (of whom, I am sure, more in the fullness of time), has a saying about this which might or might not be original:

"The history of the world is not, of course, shaped by shadowy elite conspiracies; but it is a useful analytical tool to treat it as if it were".

cheers

dd

___________________________________________________________________________ _____

This email is confidential to the ordinary user of the

e-mail address to which it was addressed. If you are not

the intended recipient, please notify the sender

immediately on (44) 171 638 5858 and delete the message

from all locations in your computer. You should not copy

this email or use it for any purpose, or disclose its

contents to any person : to do so may be unlawful.

Email is an informal method of communication and is

subject to possible data corruption, either accidentally

or on purpose. Flemings is unable to exercise control

over the content of information contained in

transmissions made via the Internet. For these reasons

it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information

contained on email without obtaining written confirmation

of it.