MSFT breakup in works?

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 08:33:34 PST 2000

<<

Posner probably won't go for this as he thinks all antitrust law other than

section 1 of Sherman ought to be scrapped and most of the big claims against

the serfs from Billsville were charged under section 2 of Sherman. Now if

Hale or Brandeis were still around....

Of course, Posner's just a mediator. He has only the moral and intellecual authority of being a big brain. He can't make anyone do anything. I don't know what Justice wants in this, anyway. They may have have flaoted the breakup remedy just to get an advantage in negotiations. I also don't know whether breaking up MS would a sensible (i.e., a consumer friendly) remedy.

--jks