On Cultural Privilege

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 08:36:58 PST 2000

<< Prisoners per 100,000 persons:

Russia 685

US 645

China 115

Doug >>

Well, yes, but most of the prisoners in our prisons are not political prisoners. Actually, probably most of those in Russia and China aren't either. "Re-education" doesn't have anything to do with it. Our incarceration rates and sentences are ridiculous and our criminal justice system is racist, but those are the problems, not locking up dissidents. We do worse than lock up dissidents. We ignore them.

--jks