Greenspan on Seattle

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 15:02:24 PST 2000

<< My understanding of reading through Posner's stuff [which is a great cure

for insomnia btw] is that it claims to be based on neoclassical micro.[esp.

"The Economics of Justice"] Am I missing something? It all looks even more

ridiculous if you read it alongside Mirowski's "More Heat than Light". >>

I am surprised that anyone could find Posner dull. The Economics of Justice is an old book made up of older essays. Posner has become less neoclassical and more sociological as he has gone along. His more technical work on, e.g., norms now pays a lot of attention to cognitive psychology. Posner is often deliberately provocative and says things boldly and without qualification, but I rarely think he is ridiculous, even when he argues for a ridiculous view. I recently raed his book on Clinton/Lewinsky, which I thought was a blast.

--jks