Albert Gore, A True Son of the Olde South

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Sun Jan 16 10:42:33 PST 2000

Scott--I think this is a very gutsy move on Gore's part! Only a bourbon Democrat could make this move. It restores my faith in the Southern Democrats after years of enduring the Clintons' and their high-class problems. I'm sure that many of us Tammanys' will now be able to enter the wigwam with our heads held high.

His two main opponents, "Geb" that's Jeb with a "G" if you get my drift Bush and Pat Buchanan are both confederate flag wavers. Buchanan maybe small potatoes now. But, after Bush and Gore nail down their nominations, Buchanan will become the big spud. Although, I wouldn't put it past Buchanan to have a nationally televised epiphany on this issue--not to have his ancestors outdone by Gore's ancestors.

There is humor in American politics.

Tom