Albert Gore, A True Son of the Olde South

Scott Marshall scott at rednet.org
Mon Jan 17 08:04:57 PST 2000

Gee Tom - I guess this humourless old southern red stands rebuked in the lbo list for not seeing the funny in the flap over the confederate battle flag in South Carolina - what do you expect from a wooden party hack? But I will rectify it right here and now........ha ha.

Originally from South Carolina, I just get a howl out of these kinds of jokes about racism. Did I ever tell you the one about the dogs and the water hoses.....

Maybe it's this old silly soft spot I have for the Gore family "bourbon Democrats' who stood up for us when we were being beaten in the civil rights marches. Long before it was fashionable to see the humor in it all. Back when the Dixiecrats were out for the blood of the turncoat Dems and the Northern liberals were urging us to go slow and not rock the boat.

Theres plenty of material to attack Gore on, but this just ain't it.