Rape Prevention 101

Tue Jan 18 10:04:34 PST 2000

Daniel overly optimistically notes:

>ye f'kng gods. All further criticism of bourgeois economists will now be
>met with the response "At least I'm not an evolutionary psychologist"

The traffic between biology and economics is long standing and two way. There's the question of Darwin's debt to Malthus and Adam Smith (Sylvan Schweber's discussion in The Darwinian Heritage, ed. David Kohn is wonderful). There's the use of cost benefit analysis, game theory and methodological individualism by biologists. And the bourgeois economists Jack Hirshfeiler, Gordon Tullock and Gary Becker return the compliment (see short discussion in Geoffrey Hodgson Evolution and Institutions). They openly admit their debt to sociobiology.

Best, Rakesh