Nader attack: your posting

John Halle john.halle at yale.edu
Wed Jan 19 18:17:17 PST 2000

> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:44:33 -0500
> From: "Chip Berlet" <cberlet at igc.org>
> Subject: Re: Nader attack: your posting
>
> Hi,
>
> Me too!
>
> Kovel is a brilliant academic theorist,
> an accessible progressive populist organizer,
> a politico who rejects economic nationalism
> and a warm and friendly person.
> .
>
> That leaves Nader 0 for 4 in this contest.
>
> - -Chip Berlet
>

> > I'm a big fan of Joel Kovel's. I'd vote for him under any circumstances.
> >
> > Doug

Me too, with one qualification: Nader's political action (on auto safety) is by this point responsible for tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of people continuing to reside on the planet who would otherwise be dead or maimed. That's an achievement which very few can match, and gives him a basic level of credibility among the big public that's hard to compete with. Someone said criticizing that Nader was like criticizing Mother Teresa. That's why.

John