Orientalism Revisited (was RE: G. Bush: US in Holy War Against Iraq?)

Mattcapri at aol.com Mattcapri at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 20:45:12 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/23/00 10:45:56 PM, furuhashi.1 at osu.edu writes:

<<***** ...The following is from the New York _Tribune_ of Christmas Eve. It comes from that journal's Tokyo correspondent. It has a strange and impudent sound, but the Japanese are but partially civilized as yet. When they become wholly civilized they will not talk so:>>

Point of information. This is the NY Tribune from a century or more ago, yes? Am I mistaken in assuming that there was another NY Tribune which was a Moonie paper and that it is no longer in print? This is what I get for not following the thread.