Why Decry the Wealth Gap?

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Jan 25 09:52:41 PST 2000

I wrote my note very early in the morning. You can suppose the economy begins with absolute equality, but that each time the GDP goes up by X percent that Y percent gets thrown into destination. The aggregate statistics will look good. The majority of people will be doing better. But a small fraction will be devastated.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901