Wash Post on WB/IMF troublemaking

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Thu Jan 27 07:39:44 PST 2000

Mark Rickling wrote:

> From: "Roger Odisio" <rodisio at igc.org>
>
> > Trash a place of exploitation (without endorsing the choice of Starbucks
> > or McDs) and you begin the point about exploitation being at the heart
> > of capitalism.
>
> How is the Old Ebbett Grill any less of a "place of exploitation" than
> McDonald's? Doesn't the former also hire cooks, wait staff and
> dishwashers -- ie wage labor?

I'll add the Old Ebbet Grill to the anarchist target list. ;-)

Besides, it has a poor selection for vegetarians. For that reason alone it should go on the list.

> > > But I'm psyched. Makes me feel like I'm 40 again.
> > > I'm going to shave my head, get pierced, and wear
> > > black. Where's my walker?
> >
> > Ain't fantasy grand.
>
> I'll bring the sign "Anarchists and Populists together at last."

Argh.

-- <<Chuck0>>

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop http://www.infoshop.org/

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Now! http://www.infoshop.org/gulag/mumia_idx.html

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe