Spivak & Eagleton

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Thu Jan 27 08:32:49 PST 2000

> calling someone *stalinist* is stereotypical pejorative comment, adding
> *cyber* makes it sooo kewl, but calling lister *psychotic* - as in
> suffering from psychosis, as in severe mental disorder involving a person's
> whole personality - is more than 'probably excessive', it is highly
> offensive...
> Michael Hoover

apologies for replying to my own post but I had intended to say that I find Doug's ho-hum response suggesting that some people are over-reacting disturbing as well...his 'probably is excessive' completed by 'but it may not be'...and if it isn't excessive, those who 'complained' did so falsely, which means that epithet isn't an epithet, so then...

gonna have to put *Too Many Creeps* on a tape loop, Michael Hoover