Now Stiglitz makes more trouble!

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Jan 27 20:13:05 PST 2000

, , , Seems to me J & L are both very much the economistic version of what Clinton is in the executive branch: opportunists who know how to add that dash of radical subversion to spice up a basically homogenized, neoliberal portfolio. . . .

I don't think there is any two-way comnparison between JS, LS, and Clinton. Re: the latter two, they are each freaks of nature in their own ways. Nothing like either of them.

JS is a more ordinary type of person w/ extraordinary intellect and integrity, IMO. I predict this distinction will become more obvious in the next phase of his career, where he will be free of institutional commitments.

mbs