Spivak & Eagleton

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 19:34:38 PST 2000

<< Didn't Wittgenstein say that 'words are deeds?' Well, call me too-

sensitive on this, but my eldest daughter's life tells me one

shouldn't throw slang word 'psycho' around. >>

That doesn't sound like anything Wittgenstein would say. Austin wrote a book on performatives called How To Do Things With Words.

Are you still going on about someone calling Yoshie a psycho-cybernetic Stalinist? A joke I thought was rather good, and I bet she didn't take it amiss, either. I raed the "psycho" not as suggesting that she was crazy but as indicating a fascination with things psychological.

--jks