Polo wars [the horse and rider are down now, beaten badly]

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Sun Jan 30 19:52:27 PST 2000

1)That the issues he address are both older and more problematic than the terms in which he lays them out, and

2)Some Non-Pomo's have given better articulation of those problems than Pomo's...Some pomo's want to dump the very categories he describes them in; ie the desire to go "beyond" realism/antirealism, subject/object, essence/invariance/differentiation/contingency....hence the politics of talking past one another...

Ian