Nader

dhorne at telus.net dhorne at telus.net
Sat Jul 1 06:25:14 PDT 2000

At 08:23 PM 6/30/00 -0700, you wrote:
>On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Nathan Newman wrote:
>
>> But the problem with most third party advocates, at least the
>> intellectuals (actual organizers are displomatic), are personally and
>> politically abusive against those who disagree with their strategy.
>
>But we're talking about a one-party state in America which has
>overseen eight years of welfare deform, cuts on capital gains, bombings of
>Iraq, the Treasury Department's rape of Southeast Asia, and a $310 billion
>military budget -- to name just a few crimes against humanity committed
>of, by and for our ruling elites. If some sectarian yahoos gave you a hard
>time, well you have my sympathy, because I know what that's like, but
>let's keep our eyes on the ball here: the issue is not really *if* to
>break from the Dems, it's *when*.
>
>-- Dennis

Break from the dems to what? A has been consumer advocate who couldn't get elected dog catcher in the real world? We know what evil lurks in the hearts of men. The problem is what to do about it. I don't know what the answer is, but it doesn't lie in third parties which hardly make a blip on anybody's rader screen.

David H