Japan Redux

jason rice red666er at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 3 11:01:52 PDT 2000

By the way, the electronics industry that allows us to have Playstation 2's and the computers we are using is one of the nastiest and most unhealthy work environments around. The chemicals used in the circuit board making process are at worst carcinogenic and at best caustic, just the constant breathing in of their fumes can cause respiratory ailments and terrible skin conditions. I worked in a circuit board factory in Orlando, and some of the people who had worked there for several years were losing their hair in patches, had constant rashes and poor breathing. I can't even imagine what the plants overseas look like, but without even a sop like OSHA oversight to throw at the workers, I guess it would be pretty rough. But I guess thats the price of "progress". Jason Rice ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com