More from the cutting edge of Hypocrisy Front

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Jul 3 16:09:52 PDT 2000

oh this is rich. this article tells leaders that if they fail (suffer a loss) the should just say, "no". to what you ask? just say no to the question, "was it my fault?"

oh yeah, but it's welfare recipients' fault if they're on the dole.

jeeeesus

WHO'S AT THE TOP OF THE LADDER? POLLYANNA A report of a new survey by the Center for Creative Leadership in Greenville, N.C., discovered a common trait among the titans of industry -- optimism. Well, of course they're optimistic, you say -- they make the big bucks and run the show -- who wouldn't be pollyannaish? Success really does breed success, say management experts. Optimistic leaders build on past accomplishments and gain confidence along the way that they can triumph in challenges yet to be presented. Can you learn optimism? Yes, but you have to discipline yourself to the task and learn to say no to three critical questions each time you suffer a loss: Is it permanent, pervasive in my life, and am I responsible? Pessimists tend to answer yes and slide into depression. To improve your outlook (and your level on the corporate ladder): Take on small, non-threatening tasks. Volunteer for a community project, plan a company picnic or clean out the garage at home. Build on small feats and move on up. ("The Glass Half Full," CIO Magazine 15 Jun 2000) http://www.cio.com/archive/061500_tl_leadership.html