The heart of a leftist

Christine Petersen ottilie at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:59:56 PDT 2000

Yoshie

P.S. BTW, we live in ordinary neighborhoods, so we don't make "a quick tour," as if we were some kind of sociologist. As for my neighborhood, Columbus, Ohio has to be the closest thing to the mythical Middle America....

That's true. It's supposed to be the most statistically average city in the united states. For that reason, they tested Olestra on Columbus and test market a lot of other products there first.

I like youse psychological analysis of Horowitz. We probably are paying too much attention to him. He's just one person. I will point out that his magazine Heterodoxy which my dad started subscribing to for some weird reason (he started going downhill when he retired) is pretty damn bad. It uses like size 14 or 15 font, and it's filled with all these articles that are like those of John Leo of USnews&worldreport whose *only* subject matter is listing various isolated anecdotes from various colleges where some person did something that can be described as political correctness run amuck. He was a big supporter of the biggest asshole I know, David Wienir, who wrote a book about how the politically correct people are trying to censor him at Boalt Law School-Berkeley, because he's a conservative, but it's totally laughable because everyone there pretty much is capitalist or conservative, but he is just an asshole. The way they attack slight misstatements of liberals and leftists is pretty 'politically correct' itself, at least under the most logical definition of the term. Heterodoxy is pretty paranoid. I bet that describing or putting yourself in a position where you are part of the hounded and picked upon 'correct' group has to be emotionally fulfilling for some people - I also see that where some evangelical christians try to argue the story that they are a picked upon group who has to persevere through the abuse. Christine ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com