The heart of a leftist/Last time

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 11 14:46:58 PDT 2000

>I think we got into this because people who had never paid the price
>for left wing convictions accused me, who lost my job and first
>career to redbaiting, of red-baiting.
>--jks

I sympathize, but the prices paid for left-wing convictions are all the more reasons for being careful about the use of such terms as Stalinism (for instance by making a distinction between formerly existing Stalinism & phantom Stalinisms that haunt political discourse). BTW, the possibility of threat to jobs is ever present in academia. Let me share with the list a posting by the vice chair of my department at the OSU during the recent strike:

Yoshie -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/enriched Size: 2458 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20000711/26eaf646/attachment.bin>